High Assurance Software Lab.
INESC TEC and Univ. of Minho
ali (d0t ) shoker (at) inesctec (d0t) pt
I am interested in understanding, building, and improving Distributed Systems. Currently, I am working on relaxed consistency models in distributed systems (EC, CRDTs, etc.), Fault Tolerance, and Internet of Things.
February 2017: I will be giving a tutorial at the NESUS Action winter school in Italy "On the Three Vs of Big Data from a Quality of Data Perspective".
January 2017: I am leading INESC TEC and WP2 in a new EU H2020 Edge/Fog Computing project, called LightKone, starting in January 2017.
April 2016: The kickoff meeting of the INESC TEC Young Scientists group was held successfully in Porto.
January 2016: We had a Portuguese national P2020 project on IoT (Tec4Growth - SMILES) accepted.
- EU H2020 LightKone project on edge computing. (Coordinator of INESC TEC & WP3).
- SyncFree EU FP7 project on Conflict-free Replicated DataTypes. Portugal, 2016. (Member)
- Tec4Growth SMILES Portuguese P2020 project on Internet of Things; Portugal, 2014. (Member)
- SocEDA, National Research Agency (ANR), France, 2013. (Member.)
- I am the organiser of HASLab InfoBlender seminar.
- I am the founder and current temporary Chair of the INESC TEC Young Scientists group.
- CCGrid 2017. The 17th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing.
- PMLDC ECOOP 2017. The 2nd workshop on Programming Models and Languages for Distributed Computing.
- CloudCom 2016. The 8th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science.
- ICA3PP 2016. The 16th International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing.
- PMLDC ECOOP 2016. The first workshop on Programming Models and Languages for Distributed Computing.
- EuroSys 2014. EuroSys Shadow PC (live PC).
- IEEE TCC 2014. IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing journal.
- "On the Three Vs of Big Data from a Quality of Data Perspective". Tutorial at NESUS Action winter school in Italy, 2017.
- Fundamentals of Distributed Systems "Next Generation Clouds - Powering the Cloud", PhD seminar invited talk at MAP-I, 2016.
- Reliable Distributed Systems, MSc course at the School of Engineering, University of Minho, 2016.
- Functional Programming lab, undergraduate course at the School of Engineering, University of Minho, 2015-2016.
2016-: Georges Younes, PhD at MAP-I (with Carlos Baquero).
2016-: Houssam Yactine, PhD at MAP-I (with José Carlos Bacelar Almeida).
2016-: Ziad Kassam, PhD at MAP-I (with Paulo Sérgio Almeida).
Graduate and Undergraduate
2016-17: Mohamad Baalbaki, Erasmus undergraduate at Minho University.
2015: Georges Younes, MSc internship at HASLab,.